Hi,I am a long-time user of Rhino, and have just discovered RhinoBIM plugin. It would be a welcome addition to my company's field of expertise. I have a suggestion to make RhinoBIM more…Continue
Started by Andrew Herath. Last reply by Andrew Herath Jun 19.
Hello, i'm an Industrial Designer Engineer, about to open a workshop pretending a production of parametric furniture and prodcuts.Most of the times i use pre made materials like steel profiles, wood…Continue
Started by Daniel Abraham Chavarría García. Last reply by Rick Smith Mar 11.
RhinoBIM is a suite of a number of plug-ins to enhance Rhino 5.0 for the Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industries. Developed by Virtual Build Technologies LLC,
the first module now available is called RhinoBIM Structure, for 3D structure modeling,
Clash & Clear Analysis and Structural Analysis.
Using Rhino 5.0’s new light extrusion technology, RhinoBIM Structure builds 3D structural
design elements that are much lighter in data weight significantly decreasing model size.
With the light database the Clash & Clear analysis finds errors within seconds and there is
no need to export the model to another program to perform the analysis.
This beta 3 version is now feature complete and the final version is expected to be released later this year.
RhinoBIM Structure Features:
• RhinoBIM components are compatable with Grasshopper
• Robust tools for adding and editing structural steel beams
• Extensive library of steel shapes, including international standards
• User definable steel shapes
• Assign materials, attributes, and process treatments to each element
• Data extraction through translators for CIS2, IFC and Beam to NURBS
• Very fast Clash & Clear analysis
• Bim Reporter to excel of objects
• Very large model support using new Rhino 5.0 technology
Additional Structural Analysis features
• Automatic meshing
• Beam shell and solids
• Commercial and freeware solver options, including, Lisa, ANSYS, GSA
• Full pre and post processors within the Rhino modeling environment
The first tool of the RhinoBIM suite of products has been released in beta 3. You must be signed up as a member of RhinoBIM in order to download the beta and give it a test drive.