New Version of RhinoBIM 3.27.130 is now available February 19, 2014
Rhino V5 is shipping
The world's most versatile 3-D modeler now handles bigger projects, faster, with more than 2,000 enhancements.
Hello, i'm an Industrial Designer Engineer, about to open a workshop pretending a production of parametric furniture and prodcuts.Most of the times i use pre made materials like steel profiles, wood…Continue
Started by Daniel Abraham Chavarría García yesterday.
RhinoBIM is a suite of a number of plug-ins to enhance Rhino 5.0 for the Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industries. Developed by Virtual Build Technologies LLC,
the first module now available is called RhinoBIM Structure, for 3D structure modeling,
Clash & Clear Analysis and Structural Analysis.
Using Rhino 5.0’s new light extrusion technology, RhinoBIM Structure builds 3D structural
design elements that are much lighter in data weight significantly decreasing model size.
With the light database the Clash & Clear analysis finds errors within seconds and there is
no need to export the model to another program to perform the analysis.
This beta 3 version is now feature complete and the final version is expected to be released later this year.
RhinoBIM Structure Features:
• RhinoBIM components are compatable with Grasshopper
• Robust tools for adding and editing structural steel beams
• Extensive library of steel shapes, including international standards
• User definable steel shapes
• Assign materials, attributes, and process treatments to each element
• Data extraction through translators for CIS2, IFC and Beam to NURBS
• Very fast Clash & Clear analysis
• Bim Reporter to excel of objects
• Very large model support using new Rhino 5.0 technology
Additional Structural Analysis features
• Automatic meshing
• Beam shell and solids
• Commercial and freeware solver options, including, Lisa, ANSYS, GSA
• Full pre and post processors within the Rhino modeling environment
The first tool of the RhinoBIM suite of products has been released in beta 3. You must be signed up as a member of RhinoBIM in order to download the beta and give it a test drive.
Is a parts list with quantities or a bill of materials possible? We’re using the beta version 5.0 of Rhino, and have downloaded the evaluation version of RhinoBIM. Can you give me a hint about generating or exporting a bill of materials or parts list?
It seems as though the Architecture, Engineering & Construction industries (AEC) have been traversing through a revolutionary period of innovation and technology over the past few years. New products and concepts have been introduced that have the industry overturning centuries old drawing practices and institutionally established standards.…